Millwrights Needed for Field Work Across Alberta
More info on what Blackstone is hiring for:
Blackstone is currently looking for Millwrights as both employees and Independent Contractors to support multiple projects across Alberta!
Candidates can be located anywhere in Canada but may be responsible for a portion of their travel expenses.
There may be multiple hires from these positions, and all successful individual(s) will be expected to join the Blackstone team and align with Blackstone’s culture of excellence, safety and quality.
- Maintaining an organized and safe workspace all the while completing all required documentation for assigned tasks
- Adhering to and promoting a safe work environment for yourself and co-workers
- Working within a team, and on occasion on your own depending on the task
- Being flexible to the urgent nature of our business, you may be asked periodically to ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
- Overtime and night shift are required
- Completing all company required documentation in a timely manner as directed by your supervisor and other leaders within the business
- Supporting the business as it requires or in a manner in which you are inspired to positively contribute to the work environment for yourself and your co-workers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Journeyman millwright ticket preferred, apprentice millwright’s will be considered
- Construction and commissioning experience is not required but would be an asset
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to follow both written and verbal instructions
- Experience with equipment overhauls
- Have thorough knowledge of compressors – reciprocating and centrifugal, gearboxes, pumps, fans, and blowers
- Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts to precise tolerances
- Strong Hoisting & Rigging skills
- Proficient with aligning equipment (laser alignment tool) and measuring tools
- Ability to document findings, measurements,
- Troubleshooting failures & malfunctioning equipment
- Perform predictive and operational procedures
- Read diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures
- Be motivated, well organized, punctual, honest and willing to learn.
- Have strong customer service and communication skills
- Be flexible with time scheduling to meet customer needs, OT will be required when needed.
- Comply with all company policies, company safety, quality and performance
- Successful completion of our pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Have a valid class 5 driver’s license
- H2S, Fall Arrest, Confined Space, and CSO safety tickets
This opportunity from Blackstone is available in Alberta.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Blackstone offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Blackstone has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Class 5
- Travel Required
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Blackstone is an innovative service company supporting both reciprocating and centrifugal equipment throughout its lifecycle. Blackstone supplies field services, parts, and repair for a wide range of industrial rotating and static equipment. Blackstone specializes in repair, maintenance, commissioning, turnaround, overhaul, installation, and engineering services for critical rotating equipment and pipeline maintenance. Blackstone is proud to be a Métis-owned business corporation recognized by the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB), Circle for Aboriginal Relations (CFAR), and Alberta Métis Works.
Read more on Blackstone Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Blackstone? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!