Hiring Heavy Duty Mechanics and Millwrights for 7&7 in Northern AB & Southern BC
The Straight Goods:
More info on what Komatsu is hiring for:
Komatsu Ltd. is currently looking for Heavy Duty Mechanics & Millwrights to work a 7 & 7 in Northern Alberta & Southern British Columbia.
We provide competitive wages, benefits & will supply you with the neccesary tools of the trade.
- Reports to: Foreman
- Shift: 7 x 7
- Location: Fort McMurray and Sparwood
- Relocation: This position does not offer relocation
- Maintenance, repair, service and inspection of the mining equipment
- Able to diagnose faults and malfunctions
- Adjust, repair, or replace all defective equipment parts and components
- Test the repaired equipment to ensure proper performance
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Experience using Micrometers to measure tight tolerances
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision but also participate in the work of other mechanics/millwrights and apprentices
- Must be willing to be involved in continuous improvement and find efficiencies for component rebuilds
- Other duties, as assigned
- Able to work under pressure to drive tight deadlines while maintaining a safe and incident free work environment.
- Red Seal Journeyperson Millwright or Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification
- 3-5 years of mining or construction related experience
- Previous experience working with P&H products is an asset
- Strong proficiency in reading and interpreting technical manuals relating to manufacturer specifications and warranty environments
- Strong proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints
- Must have a demonstrated ability to efficiently diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair issues in mechanical systems common to mining and/or construction equipment products
- Sound understanding of the importance of customer relationships
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Strong attention to detail and able to work within the framework of multiple deadlines
- Hold a strong standard for quality and safety
- Have a team oriented approach and thought process
Komatsu (Joy Global - Canada) is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, and a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
Accommodations during the application process are available upon request. While we appreciate all applicant submissions, only those considered to be most qualified will be contacted for further assessment.
This opportunity from Komatsu is available in Alberta.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Komatsu offers:
Company Supplied tools
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Komatsu has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- 18 Years Of Age Or Older
- Safety Tickets
- Valid Certifications
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Certification
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Japanese multinational corporation that manufactures construction, mining, forestry, and military equipment, as well as industrial equipment like press machines, lasers and thermoelectric generators. Also provides construction and mining services.
Read more on Komatsu Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Komatsu? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!