Ironworker - Alberta (LOA + Mileage Allowance Provided)
What FWS Group is Hiring for:
Job Type: Full Time
Travel: Required within Western Canada.
Hours: 21/7 rotation.
- Living Out Allowance
- Mileage opportunities.
- Utilizes safe work practices and promote safety policies to others. Must maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Responsible for safe and conscientious use of equipment including forklift, skid steer loader, scissor lifts, and power tools.
- Proficient in safe methods of hoisting, rigging, and scaffold erection.
- Proficient in material take offs.
- Reads and understands construction drawings, including providing accurate layout of the work and building to drawings and specifications.
- Accurately and effectively uses various types of welding and cutting equipment.
- Supervises labourers and resources as required for a specific task.
- Teaches and trains junior workers to develop trade related skills.
- Based on a thorough knowledge of iron sizing and dimensioning, will carry out the work using appropriate materials.
- Owns and maintains trade tools as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all business interactions and strives to meet customer needs in a creative and safe manner.
- Pleasant demeanour with an ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks while working within a team environment.
- Knowledge of winter construction techniques and ability to work in cold weather.
- Knowledge of the proper handling, use, and maintenance of oxy-acetylene.
- Knowledge and ability to assemble and commission mechanical systems is an asset.
- Ability to install, examine, diagnose, and adjust various types of industrial and mechanical equipment is an asset.
- Understanding of multi hp industrial drives, shafts, bearings, and lubrication is an asset.
Understands welding principles, including rod selection and pre/post heat theory.
- Appropriate level of experience in ironworking.
Certificates & Licences
- Enrolled in Apprenticeship program. Journeyperson status is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required.
- CWB certificate – flat minimum, overhead preferred.
This opportunity from FWS Group is available in Alberta.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with FWS Group offers:
21 & 7
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
FWS Group has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- High School Diploma
- Background Check
- Drug Test
- Alcohol Test
- Pre-Employment Check
- Travel Required
- Shift Work
- Valid Certifications
- Relevant Industry Experience
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About FWS Group:
FWS offers a dynamic, diverse, and collaborative workplace. Employees are their most important asset, playing valuable roles in achieving our goals. As the firm grows, so do opportunities for advancement. Their team-based culture provides varied roles that involve meaningful, valued, and fulfilling work. Fully accredited under the Certificate of Recognition (COR) program, we support enhanced safety knowledge with a wide array of training programs.
Read more on FWS Group Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from FWS Group? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!