Heavy Equipment Operator - Pipeline ($109,200/yr)
What Badlands Contracting is Hiring for:
Be an experienced Pipeline Operator, duties will include digging mainline for pipe, be able to keep a straight smooth bottom ditch, also be able to excavate around live lines. Activities may also include, backfilling ditch, pulling topsoil, shading pipe and fiberoptic lines with a shading bucket, holding valves and spool pieces for bolt up and sometimes help on the ground with some of the labor when the Heavy Equipment is not needed.
Primary Job Function:
· Operate equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life.
· Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
· Ensure equipment is safely and securely stored.
· Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to the supervisor; cleans equipment.
· Practice workplace safety.
· Maintain inventory.
· Operates trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials and supplies.
· Works with and assists the line crew in digging ditches and trenches, hoisting material, tools, equipment, and any related work with a backhoe, road grater or front-end loader.
· Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
· High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college required.
· A minimum of one year of experience for the operation of non-lifting, non-earth moving equipment with up to five years of experience for operating specialized or oversized equipment (30+ metric tons)
· Technical capacity.
· Time Management.
· Customer/Client Focus.
· Valid (CDL) Commercial Driver’s License.
· Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
· Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
· Must be able to travel to job sites as required.
· Some daily aspects of the job pose threats or hazards capable of producing severe physical injury
· Complies with Badlands Contracting’s policies and procedures.
· Complies with Badlands Contracting’s Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
· Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
· Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
· Eligible to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $87,360.00 - $109,200.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
This opportunity from Badlands Contracting is available in Watford City.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Badlands Contracting offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Badlands Contracting has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Class A CDL
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Badlands Contracting:
Badlands Contracting is a multi-disciplinary firm that provides engineering, procurement, construction management and roustabout services in the Williston Basin.
Read more on Badlands Contracting Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Badlands Contracting? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!