Heavy Duty Mechanic in Edmonton (Benefits, Tuition Assistance, Paid Training, Competitive Wages)
What ATCO is Hiring for:
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Fleet and the Foreman, Mechanical, the Heavy Duty Mechanic is responsible for all maintenance and repairs to vehicles and equipment related to the qualification and scope of the mechanical service technician trade.
We’re looking for someone who cares about their work and strives for more each day. Someone who challenges the status quo, embraces change, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. If you are someone who approaches work with passion, curiosity and the courage to innovate, then this role is for you.
What You Get to Do
- Repair, maintain and diagnose problems on a variety of vehicles and equipment in order to provide safe reliable vehicles, heavy work equipment and trailers upon completion of repairs.
- Inspect vehicles and equipment during scheduled preventative maintenance checks giving particular importance to factors ensuring safe operation. Perform annual government Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program safety inspections where required.
- Prepare work orders and maintain accurate and timely repair records of completed work.
- Install/remove Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV) systems on a variety of new and used vehicles and equipment, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with government codes and company standards.
- Exchange NGV high-pressure cylinders in compliance with re-certification time periods.
- Ensure all work is completed efficiently, is of high quality and meets all government regulations, company safety and environmental standards.
- Coordinate the acquisition of parts through direct contact with suppliers and/or through Stores.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Must possess a Journeyman Certificate from a recognized Apprenticeship Program: Heavy Equipment Technician Certificate required.
- Must possess or able to obtain a Class 3 driver’s license with air brake endorsement and an in-house Operators Certificate.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, learning ability, technical aptitude, initiative, mature judgement and decision making, responsible professional work habits to perform the duties that may be expected by a service technician.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certificate where required.
- Committed to be a team member, to operate efficiently and in compliance with government regulations, company safety and environmental standards.
- Alternate fuel knowledge would be an asset.
- Computer skills would be an asset.
- Must meet stand-by requirements and be available for stand-by when scheduled to do so.
- May be called out to assist in emergencies that arise on a 24-hour basis.
- Must be prepared to work in all types of weather.
- Must participate in the shift schedule as required.
- This position is a Safety-Sensitive position and has additional pre-employment requirements as identified in the Alcohol & Drug Policy 6.2.3 Applicant Testing.
What We Offer
- A culture based on caring, integrity, agility, collaboration, and striving for excellence.
- Competitive compensation
- Flex benefits
- Tuition assistance program
- Training and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
These opportunities from ATCO are available in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with ATCO offers:
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
ATCO has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Drug Test
- Alcohol Test
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
ATCO is one of Canada's premier corporations, engaged in Structures & Logistics, Electricity, Pipelines & Liquids, Commercial Real Estate and Retail Energy.
From the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas and electricity to providing modular housing and water infrastructure solutions, ATCO has a consistent record of quality service and products, customer satisfaction, an excellent safety record and sustainable growth for their shareowners.
Read more on ATCO Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from ATCO? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!