Heavy Duty Mechanic
What OCL Group is Hiring for:
OCL Group Inc. (OCL), is a proudly 100% Canadian, privately held, employee owned fully integrated general contractor with design build solutions across Western Canada serving energy and municipal infrastructure markets since 2009. Our competitive advantage lies in our foundation of an empowered employee ownership group resulting in competitive pricing, fiscal responsibility, integrity, client centric relationships based in value and a history of client satisfaction.
We are currently accepting resumes for Heavy Duty Mechanics - Intermediate to Senior experience to support a project near Fort McMurray, AB. Multiple shifts available (14/14, 14/7, 7/7). Camp and flights provided from Edmonton and Calgary
- Engine oil changes and oil sampling
- Minor running maintenance repairs, lights, wipers, leaks, etc.
- Greasing machines, adjusting tracks
- G.E.T work. Replacing ripper tips, ripper shanks, bucket teeth, inspecting cutting edges and reporting, measuring ice lugs and reporting.
- HVAC certification is required as well. Air conditioning and heating system repairs.
- Ensure FLRA is completed at the beginning of every job and work is completed safely
- Complete equipment maintenance in line with OCL, client and industry standards, procedures and practices
- Independent work environment, without direct supervision
- Ensure goals are met and communicate progress to supervisor
- Journey-Certified Heavy Duty Mechanic/Inter-provincial Red Seal Certification
- Shovel experience is an asset
- Experience working on Caterpillar equipment and Caterpillar service information systems
- Previous side boom, shovel and pipeline equipment repair experience
- Experience both in-field and in shop an asset
- A clean driver’s abstract
- H2S Awareness
- One of CSTS/OSSA or BSO/CSO
- Great attitude towards health and safety
- Strong work ethic
- Comfortable working outside in various weather conditions
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
This opportunity from OCL Group is available in Fort McMurray.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with OCL Group offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
About OCL Group:
OCL Group Inc. (OCL), is a proudly 100% Canadian, privately held, employee owned fully integrated general contractor. With design build solutions across Western Canada, experience you can trust, and quality you can depend on. OCL Group has been serving the energy and municipal infrastructure markets since 2009.
The formation of OCL was a direct result of a few long-tenured industry professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit, wanting to get back to their roots and build an organization “where people matter”. Formed in 2009, OCL started their first project and began building on a business model focussed on people and “Doing The Job Right”.
Our senior management team boasts more than 300 collective years of extensive construction knowledge, that enables OCL to successfully manage projects ranging in size and complexity. Our competitive advantage lies in our foundation of an empowered employee ownership group. This results in competitive pricing, fiscal responsibility, integrity, client centric relationships based in value and a history of client satisfaction. Delivering on projects large and small, with quality work, executed on schedule and budget, our client base continues to grow.
Employee ownership creates a unique team environment and as a leadership team we recognize our success is a direct result of our employees individual contributions. Success is not measured in the size of the organization, but rather the visible and collective efforts of a team working in an atmosphere where people matter. Success is driven by living the core values of the organization – Safety, Quality, Integrity, People and Relationships.
Our employees provide innovative solutions to improve project outcomes for clients and continually set the bar higher for safety performance. Today we employ over 300 team members, with offices in Okotoks, Edmonton, Fort McKay, Fort McMurray, Alberta and Dawson Creek, British Columbia. We are an organization you need to get to know.
Read more on OCL Group Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from OCL Group? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!