Health & Safety Coordinator (14&14)
What Ledcor is Hiring for:
As a Health & Safety Professional you play a key role in the execution and implementation of a diverse range of health and safety programs for industrial and maintenance projects. You are an experienced Safety Coordinator who consistently conveys mature professional judgment and can build effective relationships across all levels.
- Provide independent advice to operations management in Ledcor HSE program.
- Participate in the conduct of detailed, fact based incident management.
- Acquire clear competence and understanding in executing Ledcor HSE program in all types of situations (project start up, duration and close out).
- Independently lead Tool-Box-Talks and Safety meetings.
- Develop and enhance Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials.
- Understand all site, business unit or division safety programs, company codes of business conduct, site specific procedures and management systems.
- Seek to understand and meet the demands of various stakeholders, including internal and external clients.
- Support and takes action for operations personnel to meet Ledcor “Leading Indicator” requirements.
- Practice attentive and active listening and is skilled at questioning to ensure understanding.
- Obtain basic understanding of complementary HSE functions such as Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health practices.
- Five plus (5+) years relevant industry Health and Safety experience in the mining, construction and/or maintenance industries.
- Must hold CSO or NCSO qualifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to the hourly workforce, while also effectively interacting with project management staff, clients, and customers.
- Excellent verbal, written communications, and computer skills.
- Ability to provide a proactive approach to safety, to include identification of operational and organizational issues, as well as develop and implement strategies to solve them.
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment, program development, safety & health training, and accident investigation.
- A strong team player attitude with the ability to effectively adjust to changing priorities and demands.
- Must have and maintain a valid class 5 driver's license with clean abstract.
- Rotational shift will vary based on project site, 14/14, 14/7, 10/4
- Projects based in various locations across Canada
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
These opportunities from Ledcor are available in Dubreuilville, Ontario, Canada.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Ledcor offers:
10 & 4
14 & 7
14 & 14
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Ledcor has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Drug Test
- Alcohol Test
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Ledcor is a company that deals with concrete and steel but they focus extensively on partnerships with their employees, communities, contractors and clients. They put safety first and strive to find smarter, more sustainable ways to get the job done right.
Read more on Ledcor Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Ledcor? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!