Field Technicians Needed in AB & BC: No Experience Required, Competitive Salary, Location Allowance
The Straight Goods:
More info on what United Safety LTD is hiring for:
The United Safety Operations Team is looking for team members that will be pivotal to our business and its growth in the Grande Prairie, Calgary, Fort St. John, Lloydminster, Fort Saskatchewan & Fort McMurray regions.
In this generalist field position (H2S Field Technician), you will support operating companies (clientele) with the implementation of their occupational health & safety standards and industry recommended practices.
This is achieved through and by United Safety’s policies, standards, procedures, and management direction.
This work is conducted in a variety of environments in the upstream, midstream, and downstream petroleum industry including plant turnaround and construction projects and in particular well drilling, servicing, and completion operations.
What’s in it for You:
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Benefits with a Health Spending Account
- Company Pension and RSP Plans
- Monthly Location Allowance*
- Discretionary Quarterly Incentive Bonus*
- Potential for career growth
- The opportunity to work for a great organization that supports its employee and is committed to their success
*Grande Prairie & Fort St. John Only
You should enjoy physical work and be comfortable being away from home for long periods of time in a hotel or camp situation. You are diligent, attentive and can work as an effective team player. You must be able to communicate clearly and calmly when faced with adverse situations.
- Plans, organizes and controls required activities with on-site client representative(s) for drilling, well servicing, and occasional plant turnaround work
- Operates and ensures function, operational readiness of various equipment and testing systems to ensure response quality
- Conducts drills, rescues, inspections & tests, site hazard assessments and safety meetings on-site
- Installs and dismantles (deploys) various safety equipment, including loading and transporting equipment to the worksite; strategically placing required equipment for rapid response including air trailers, lines, manifolds, breathing apparatuses, gas detection systems, barriers, signs and briefing areas.
- Canadian work authorization and a Valid Class 5 Drivers License (No GDLs)
- Driver’s Abstract (able to present and show)
- Pass Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Possess current H2S Alive, Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS), Common Safety Orientation (CSO), and Standard First Aid (2-day program) tickets
- Complete and pass 8 days of comprehensive evaluation-based training inclusive of pre-employment drug and alcohol and physical demands testing
- Must live in Alberta, and within 60 km's of the work location.
These opportunities from United Safety LTD are available in Calgary, Fort McMurray, Fort St. John, Grande Prairie, Lloydminster, Fort Saskatchewan.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with United Safety LTD offers:
Room for advancement
Monthly Location Allowance
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
United Safety LTD has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
- Drug Test
- Safety Tickets
- Legally Work in Canada
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About United Safety LTD:
United Safety is the leading provider of industrial safety products, safety consulting, and safety training to both the Upstream and Downstream sectors of the Oil & Gas industry ensuring the workforce and public remain safe. We are at the forefront of industrial safety equipment technology that includes breathing air systems and gas detections systems, along with innovative safety services for customers with multi-disciplined contract work forces. For over 35 years, United Safety has established a focused network of dedicated, bright individuals working as a team to provide safety services worldwide.
Read more on United Safety LTD Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from United Safety LTD? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!