Floorhand - Midland, TX. Comp Wages + Benefits. 14/14 Shift. 6 Mths Exp.
What Patterson-UTI is Hiring for:
Floorhand - Texas and New Mexico.
- Lift and place slips weighing approximately 150 pounds with another person frequently during the tour work shift
- General upkeep of the rig and drilling floor; includes regular sweeping, shoveling, cleaning, painting, washing of equipment and related housekeeping duties
- Clean and general upkeep of the rig and drilling floor; includes regular painting, washing of equipment and related housekeeping duties
- Use iron roughneck, slips, and tongs to properly handle and connect / break sections of drill pipe
- Assist in rig moves: help with rig-up / rig-down, nipple up and down blowout preventers, assist with general assembly and maintenance and help prepare new location
- Regularly check rig and equipment for any problems and safety issues on an ongoing basis
- Assist with inspecting, slipping and cutting drilling line
- Responsible for picking up and laying down tubulars, attaching or detaching pick- up lines, and the hook up and tear out of flare and degasser lines
- Assist Motorhand with preventative maintenance and repairs of equipment and motors, pipe, and off-loading materials as well as checking / changing oil and coolant on engines
- Assist Derrickhand with watching and maintaining shakers, mud pits and pumps
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times which could include but is not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses, coveralls, work gloves, respirator, and hearing protection
- Inspect safety equipment and PPE for wear and replacing as needed
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
- Work in a heavy industrial environment which includes working around constantly moving overhead machinery, being in close proximity to loud equipment and handling potentially hazardous chemicals
- Take initiative and work independently during downtime
- Support other crew members by carrying supplies, ensuring compliance with safety procedures and other additional tasks as assigned
- Other duties as assigned that may be outside of this job description
- Six (6) months of stable work history
- One (1) year stable related work history (e.g., farming, ranching, construction, heavy equipment or other trade) or military service
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
This opportunity from Patterson-UTI is available in Midland.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Patterson-UTI offers:
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Patterson-UTI has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- All Types Of Weather
- 6 Months Experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Patterson-UTI provides expertise and scale in major operational areas as well as a diverse network of drilling and pressure pumping services, directional drilling, rental equipment and technology. They are dedicated to delivering results so that their customers can embrace new possibilities and growth.
Read more on Patterson-UTI Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Patterson-UTI? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!