Field Maintenance Technician - Midland, TX (Comp Wages & Benefits)
What Patterson-UTI is Hiring for:
Field Maintenance Technician in Midland, TX.
- Ability to safely navigate drilling rig work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal rig operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather)
- Ability to travel to visit drilling rig work sites and support business units; requiring extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) outside normal office area
- Lift and carry 50 pounds independently while walking on uneven surfaces
- Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl during visits to field and operational work areas
- Frequent use a variety of hand and power tools to perform a range of mechanically oriented functions including independent use of heavy-duty handheld and long-handled tools
- Clear vision to judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch, and report ongoing work activities to coworkers and third parties
- Listen for unusual noises that signify equipment and machinery problems
- Accurate recall of information over short and long-term memory
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
- Stay alert and focused including during occasional extended work periods
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills and ability to promptly give, and follow, directions when working with others
- Physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times
- Ability to work on weekends and be on call after hours
- High school diploma, certificate or equivalent is required
- Two (2) years stable related work history in field maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of drilling rig equipment such as mudpumps, catwalks, top drives, etc.
- Eligible to drive company vehicle and meet requirements of company vehicle use agreement and driving policy
- Field maintenance experience in the oil and gas or related industry is preferred
- Experience with: Alta DW, Bomco Mudpumps, FD-1600 Mudpumps, Forum Catwalk, GD800 DW, ST-80(All Models), Rotary Table, Hydraulics, TDS 11 Top Drive, ADS-10 SD DW, DSDG 375 DW.
- Possess mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and/or control system skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office is preferred
- Ability to read various schematics (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic)
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills on assigned equipment and assets
This opportunity from Patterson-UTI is available in Midland.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Patterson-UTI offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Patterson-UTI has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- High School Diploma
- Pre-Employment Check
- 2 Years Experience
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Patterson-UTI provides expertise and scale in major operational areas as well as a diverse network of drilling and pressure pumping services, directional drilling, rental equipment and technology. They are dedicated to delivering results so that their customers can embrace new possibilities and growth.
Read more on Patterson-UTI Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Patterson-UTI? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!