Drilling Rig Jobs in Alberta: $33/hr - $46.50/hr (Leasehand, Driller, Motorhand)
What Precision Drilling is Hiring for:
Do you have what it takes to work with Precision Drilling?? We are always looking for HIGH PERFORMANCE/HIGH VALUE fulltime seasonal employees. We also look for a willingness and flexibility of candidates to work in both camp and non-camp situations. We are hiring throughout Western Canada to fill the following positions:
**Willing to train for entry level positions**
ABOUT THE JOB
The Floorhand is responsible for safely and efficiently performing a variety of physically demanding tasks on and around the drilling rig, supporting equipment, structures, and rig systems. Responsibilities of the Floorhand include:
- Ensure the Rig is kept clean and tidy; housekeeping activities on and about the rig including cleaning, washing, chipping, painting, and garbage disposal
- Always keep all stairs free of ice and debris, whenever possible
- Keep the doghouse and tool house clean and organized with equipment out of the way and properly organized
- Operate manual tongs and slips to connect and disconnect various tubulars
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance of the drilling equipment and other components of the rig while adhering to Precision maintenance standards
- Identify any possible problems on and around the rig and assist crew members with repairs
- Keep the Rig Manager well informed of any issues and repairs done on site
- Assist the Rig Crew with their daily duties on the rig
- Complete training programs as required
- Actively participate in safety meetings, adhering to all applicable Policy and Procedures
- Actively participate in Observation program, and step in and correct at risk acts
- Assist with moving the rig, this includes rigging up and rigging down/out
- Assist with tripping, nipple in and out, and preforming preventative maintenance
- Follow policies, understand Key Beliefs, Target Zero Rules, and Core Values
- Actively aware of all safety hazards and ensure correct safety precautions are taken
- Wear appropriate PPE wherever applicable
- Act as an extra set of hands for the rig with various other duties
- Keep crew truck clean and inspected before use
- Drive in safe manner
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A valid driver's license as well as transportation to and from rig site
- Must be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to follow instructions and take direction
- Willingness to read and understand Precision’s Key Beliefs, Target Zero Rules & Stop Work Authority
- Ability to carry up to 75lbs throughout a shift of work
STARTING WAGE: $33.00-$46.50 per hour + Waived waiting period for single/family extended health and dental benefits
These opportunities from Precision Drilling are available in Calgary, Edmonton, Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Precision Drilling offers:
Hiring Multiple Locations
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Precision Drilling has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
- Lift 75lbs
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Precision Drilling:
Precision Drilling is Canada’s largest drilling contractor with a fleet of 108 well-maintained drilling rigs including Single, Double, Triple and Slant rigs. Our rigs and our employees are known as the best of the best, in terms of safety, technology and service to our customers.
Read more on Precision Drilling Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Precision Drilling? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!