CWB Structural Welder - Long Term Projects, Site-Based Camp Provided
What Ledcor is Hiring for:
Location: Fort McMurray
Pay: Competitive + Incentives
Position: Full time
- Study blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine the lay out of work
- Read and follow directions in given layouts, blueprints and work orders
- Welds parts and structural steel frames
- Stick welding (SMAW) on carbon steel as well as overseeing any required TIG welds
- Assist in preparing parts, columns and beams to be welded, which may include cutting, punching, drilling, and bending of material
- Use and operate the welding equipment to fabricate and customize
- General welders helper duties such as grinding, buffing and weld set up
Certificates & Licenses
- Must possess a Journeyperson Welder holding a valid TIG ticket
- Ledcor requires possession of OSSA Regional with CSTS/BSO or CSO, Fall Protection
- EWP and Confined Space are an asset
- Previous experience welding in an industrial setting required
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated), or agree to submit to testing requirements
- Long term projects, site based camp provided
- Charter Flights from either Edmonton or Calgary, or travel allowance for out-of-province candidates who qualify
- Benefits provided by CLAC
This opportunity from Ledcor is available in Fort McMurray.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Ledcor offers:
Long Term Work
Full Time Position(s)
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Ledcor has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Pre-Employment Check
- Confined Space
- OSSA EWP
- COVID-19 Screen
- CSTS/OSSA or BSO or CSO (Common Safety Orientation)
- Relevant Industry Experience
- Journeyman Certification
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
Ledcor is a company that deals with concrete and steel but they focus extensively on partnerships with their employees, communities, contractors and clients. They put safety first and strive to find smarter, more sustainable ways to get the job done right.
Read more on Ledcor Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Ledcor? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!