Construction Miner Nunavut (Fly-in)
What Agnico Eagle is Hiring for:
Reporting to the Underground Mine Supervisor, the Construction Miner will perform his/her duties as a member of the Mine Department and collaborate with other departments of the division. The incumbent will construct, erect, install, maintain, and repair structures and fixtures made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steels and other materials such as plastic, concrete and drywall. The miner may build tunnel bracing, brattices, and underground passageways. He/she will lead construction projects and ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved, while promoting and respecting Agnico Eagle’s culture, Health & Safety Code of Conduct and the environment.
- Read and interpret prints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements;
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems, such as bulkheads;
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware;
- Work in compliance with federal and provincial building codes, as well as related regulatory and safety requirements and legislation;
- Operate various construction and mining equipment, such as jackleg, stoper, shotcrete machine, zoom boom, scissor lift and welder;
- Build form following according to prints and pour concrete;
- Strip wood and steel when performing rehabilitation;
- Prepare and maintain records for construction materials;
- Complete work orders.
These opportunities from Agnico Eagle are available in Nunavut-Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, Canada.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Agnico Eagle offers:
14 & 14
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Agnico Eagle has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- 2 Years Experience
- Valid Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Agnico Eagle:
Agnico Eagle Mines Limited is a Canadian-based gold producer with operations in Canada, Finland and Mexico and exploration and development activities extending to the United States. Agnico Eagle has full exposure to higher gold prices consistent with its policy of no-forward gold sales
Read more on Agnico Eagle Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Agnico Eagle? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!