What Primary Engineering and Construction is Hiring for:
Reporting to the Team Lead – Structural Design, the Civil/Structural Engineer-in-Training will be responsible for the structural design of electrical utility infrastructure.
- Structural design of electrical utility infrastructure including but not limited to:
- Concrete-encased duct banks
- Buried concrete structures (manholes and vaults)
- Temporary support structures (steel and wood)
- Miscellaneous secondary steel structures
- Pole foundations
- Interpret and apply working knowledge of applicable codes and utility standards
- Design coordination with customers, municipal authorities, other utilities and various project stakeholders
- Produce project estimates, quotation letters, construction scope descriptions and material take-offs
- Preparation and submission of project approvals and design packages
- Project schedule management and tracking
- Customer meetings and site inspections in the Calgary area
- Civil/Structural design assistance to projects outside of Alberta
- Accountability and management of concurrent project budgets and schedules for successful delivery “on-time” and “on-budget” while maintaining a high degree of quality
- Being part of a great team and shaping the future of the industry
- Other duties as required
- A Civil/Structural Engineering Diploma or Degree from a recognized college, technical institution, or university
- Registration with APEGA as an Engineer-in-Training
- Strong modelling skills in Autodesk AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation or similar
- Working knowledge of structural design of electrical utility infrastructure
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to develop business relationships
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities with schedule and budget constraints
- Strong collaborative skills and willingness to liaise with other disciplines (drafting, construction, survey, and electrical) to ensure projects are accurate, compliant, on-time and on-budget.
- A passion for your work and a drive for excellence
- Commitment to safety and ethical practices
- Class 5 driver’s license
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Experience working in the electric utility or related engineering environment, with experience in design and cost estimating of electrical utility distribution or transmission projects
- Experience in design of underground electrical distribution infrastructure (4kV – 25kV system voltages)
- Experience with shoring design
- Working knowledge of ENMAX and Fortis Alberta design and construction standards
- Experience with MS Office and Geographic Information System software
- Experience with PLS-CADD software and modelling overhead powerlines
- Project Management experience
This opportunity from Primary Engineering and Construction is available in Calgary.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with Primary Engineering and Construction offers:
Work Life Balance
Monday - Friday
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
Primary Engineering and Construction has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Drivers License
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About Primary Engineering and Construction:
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing Primary professional engineering and construction services.
We provide our people with the opportunity to determine their own career path and fulfill their ambitions. We empower our clients by tailoring our solutions to their specific needs. We strengthen our community by connecting them to what is possible today and providing a solid foundation for tomorrow.
Primary is powered by our people.
Our diverse teams and inclusive culture are the core that powers Primary. Our diversity allows us to better serve our customers and Engineering communities by listening to and enabling unique perspectives.
Primary remains committed to fostering an open and safe environment in which the voices of all team members, clients and community members are heard. As we grow our company, we will continue to remove barriers and create new opportunities within our industry.
Read more on Primary Engineering and Construction Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Primary Engineering and Construction? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!