Chief Engineer, Maintenance
What Cameco Corporation is Hiring for:
You will provide oversight to the maintenance engineering group, supervising a diverse team of engineers and technologists. Your knowledge of equipment and engineering design will be relied upon to support the mining operation at Cigar Lake. Additionally, you will provide technical and troubleshooting expertise for maintenance and lead execution of maintenance shutdowns and overhaul expense projects on site. You will play a lead role in the development of Cameco’s predictive maintenance program and reliability culture.
You will maximize equipment availability, reliability and performance through effective problem solving and maintenance practices. In addition, you will be responsible for document management and quality control to meet site and department objectives.
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive engineering and supervisory experience in heavy industry
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- You must be eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Experience in an operational environment
- Experience and/or training in development & execution of reliability programs
- CMRP or MMP designation is an asset
Preference will be given to Residents of Saskatchewan’s North.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
To explore this career opportunity, please visit https://career17.sapsf.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=38065&company=Cameco
Deadline for applications is August 24, 2022. Please quote competition number 38065.
This opportunity from Cameco Corporation is available in Cigar Lake.
About Cameco Corporation:
At Cameco we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we embrace, encourage and support workplace inclusion and diversity. New ideas, perspectives, experiences, and expertise make Cameco stronger. We are committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the communities we operate in. Our vision is to create a culture where inclusion is the goal, and a diverse and representative workforce is our measure of success. Cameco is committed to providing an inclusive selection process, free from systemic barriers. support employment equity and encourage all members of underrepresented groups (i.e., women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups/visible minorities) to voluntarily disclose. Cameco welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Read more on Cameco Corporation Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from Cameco Corporation? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!