$44.67 Per Hour (6+ Heavy Equipment Technicians Needed for Edmonton Transit)
What City Of Edmonton is Hiring for:
We offer life-work balance. We offer safety, security and stability. We offer the opportunity to work locally. Finally, we offer a comprehensive compensation package. We're looking for individuals who have pride in craftsmanship and their community. Your job? Get Edmonton's Transit Buses ready to go and on the road!
Help keep our City moving safely and reliably. Transit Fleet Maintenance provides a full range of mechanical and body services to Edmonton Transit. Our garages located throughout the City provide coverage 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Apply your up-to-date diagnostic skills to keep our fleet moving.
- Up to 6 permanent, full-time positions
- Hours of Work: Shift work, 40 hours per week to cover operations 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Salary: $44.678 (Hourly); $93, 287.660 (Annually)
- Talent Acquisition Consultant: CM/SK
With a focus on the City of Edmonton’s Cultural Commitments to Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, you will:
- Troubleshoot, repair and overhaul engines, brakes, driveline components, hydraulic systems, and electrical components
- Estimate the resources and materials it takes to get the job done in a smart, cost-effective way
- Complete preventive maintenance checks and diagnostic work on vehicles and equipment
- Refer to and follow technical manuals, policies, safety requirements and industry standards
- Record your work in our computerized fleet management system
- Do paperwork for inspections, authorization forms and provincial certification forms manually and on a computer
- Learn and share what you know; mentor apprentices and semi-skilled helpers and participate in safety and environmental meetings and training programs
- Perform other related duties as required
- Recognized Alberta Heavy Duty Technician or Truck and Transport Journeyman Certificate, preferably with Interprovincial Red Seal equivalent
- 2 years experience as a Journeyman (Heavy Duty Technician or Truck and Transport Journeyman). Must have proven experience with electrical systems, electronic controls, air brakes and diesel engines
- Committed to safety using occupational health and safety and environmental standards and procedures
- Able to locate, diagnose and repair malfunctions in diesel engines, tier 3 and 4 emissions, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and heavy duty power trains
- Capable of competently using vehicle diagnostic computer programs
- Able to accurately enter data and information into a computer (AssetWorks M5 experience is an asset)
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Able to understand, communicate in, read and write English at a level needed to meet job-related task and safety requirements
- Must be able to wear a custom-fit respirator for extended periods of time
- Demonstrated good work ethic with a willingness/ability to learn and be mentored on the job to update skills as required
- Valid Class 3 Motor Vehicle Operator's Licence with Air Brake Endorsement (or provincial equivalent). Eligible to obtain and maintain a City Driver's permit
- License by the Province of Alberta to complete Commercial Vehicle Inspections (CVIP) in bus inspections is required
- Demonstrate service excellence, embracing diversity and promoting inclusiveness
- Demonstrate alignment with the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, fostering an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the City’s Cultural Commitments, please visit (http://edmonton.ca/our-culture)
- Demonstrate the foundational competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the City’s six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator. For more information on the City’s leadership competencies, please visit (edmonton.ca/our-culture )
This opportunity from City Of Edmonton is available in Edmonton.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with City Of Edmonton offers:
Many Positions Available
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
About City Of Edmonton:
At the heart of the City of Edmonton is a community of city builders, problem solvers, listeners and doers. The city services nearly one million people and looking to attract and inspire one million more.
Read more on City Of Edmonton Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from City Of Edmonton? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!