$130,000-$180,000 Heavy Civil Construction Pipeline Superintendent
What JW Fowler is Hiring for:
Posted to Indeed as 'urgently hiring':
Deep Sewer & Water Pipeline Superintendent
Wages: $130,000 - $180,000
Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision, 401k/401k Matching, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program
Location: Portland and surrounding metropolitan areas
JW Fowler is a heavy civil contractor specializing in deep sewer and water pipelines for communities on the west coast. From a small, family-owned and managed company, we’ve grown to serve the infrastructure needs of communities throughout Oregon, Washington, and California.
Deep Sewer & Water Pipeline Superintendent Specific Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills required. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
- Responsible for the safety of your operations and employees
- Supervise field crews and mentor other Superintendents
- Develop site logistics plan and maintain daily record keeping
- Review construction documents for completeness and constructability
- Review and approve the balance of foremen, journeymen, and laborers
- Manage contract administration and meet with subcontractors and the field to maintain communication
- Develop a program to maintain good client relations involving staff on site
- Initiate and attend supplementary and regular meetings with clients for problem resolution and planning
- Oversee and approve monthly cost updates and quarterly cash flow projection
- Develop and implement a plan for project completion and turnover
- Collaborate with project partner Superintendents
- Ensure direct report performance evaluations are completed in a timely fashion
- Recommend organizations, policy, and procedural or staff changes
- Review and approve or reject promotions up to the general foreman
- Help ensure the safety of our team – Everyone is responsible for safety!
Deep Sewer & Water Pipeline Superintendent Qualifications
- 7+ years construction experience; 4+ years superintendent or field supervisory experience installing deep sewer or water pipelines, or like projects.
- Ability to learn quickly and understand various processes and software programs
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership, safety, negotiation, planning, and contract administration experience
- A self-starter, who is highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project
Deep Sewer & Water Pipeline Superintendent Physical Demands
Ability to stand or walk for long periods; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Ability to see well and distinguish between back up alarms, voices and other normal sounds consistent with construction job sites.
Deep Sewer & Water Pipeline Superintendent Environment Adaptability
Work inside and outside in all weather conditions and various locations. Hard hat, hearing and eye protection are required.
This opportunity from JW Fowler is available in Portland.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with JW Fowler offers:
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
JW Fowler has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Valid Certifications
- 7 Years Experience
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About JW Fowler:
Since 1972, J.W. Fowler has been building on integrity. They’re a third-generation company handling complex heavy civil infrastructure projects in tunneling, utilities, industrial, and transportation for public and private clients. They’re laying a strong, stable foundation for growth on the West Coast.
Read more on JW Fowler Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from JW Fowler? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!