100+ Millwrights needed in Alberta ($45.29/hr, $140 LOA, 10hr Shifts, 60hrs/week, 10/4)
What PCL Construction is Hiring for:
PCL Energy is seeking 100 Industrial Millwrights for Various Industrial Projects located throughout Alberta
Credentials: Journeyperson Millwright Trade Certificate and / or holds a recognized credential
Completion of a 3 – 4 year apprenticeship program or over 5 years work experience within Millwright trades and some Millwright trade education
Work Conditions & Remuneration:
- Base $45.29 per hour as per collective bargaining agreement with trade union
- Total renumeration as per collective bargaining agreement with trade union
- $140 Live out allowance and generous travel allowance paid for those who qualify
- 10 on 4 off Shift rotations
- Day and Night shifts available
- 10 hours per day/night: 8 hours Regular Time and 2 hours Overtime per day worked
- Permanent position 40-60 hours a week
- Two 30-minute breaks (first break paid)
Current Project locations:
- Maxim Power - Phase II HRSG 500-581073 Highway 43, NW MD of Greenview No. 16 Grande Cache, AB T0E 0Y0
- Suncor Firebag Pad 131 Field Construction 885 Memorial Dr, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 0A8
- Capital Power Genesee Repowering Project Capital Power Genesee, 50444 Highway 770, Warburg AB T0C 2T0
- Cascade Power Plant 52505 Highway 47, AB T7E 3B9
Job Duties and expectations:
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces, turbines and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Pre access Drug and Alcohol testing
What you will bring to the role:
- Excellent communication skills, good attitude and willing to learn
- Must be able to work in a team or alone
- Must be able to take direction
- Must be safety conscious and adhere to all PCL Energy safety processes and policies
This opportunity from PCL Construction is available in Alberta.
The below are factors that tend to matter for our listing seekers. This listing with PCL Construction offers:
10 & 4
Living Out Allowance
Paid Time Off
As positions vary, please confirm details with employer.
PCL Construction has indicated that these are the requirements for the listing:
- Drug Test
- Alcohol Test
Requirements may not be comprehensive. Confirm w/employer.
About PCL Construction:
PCL Construction is a group of independent construction companies that carries out work across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean and in Australia. These diverse operations in the civil infrastructure, heavy industrial, and buildings markets are supported by a strategic presence in 31 major centers.
Read more on PCL Construction Jobs
Ready to apply?
Interested in this lead from PCL Construction? It’s time to take action! Click the buttons below for the methods you can apply to this job and follow the instructions provided. Good luck!